Saturday, March 20, 2010

zen and the art of shopping

Despite the pace I shop at, how crowded the place I'm shopping is, or the weather conditions*, shopping is, for me, a very relaxing experience. I sleep better the night after a good shop.

I feel like shopping is quite a zen thing to do. I mean, think about it. In shopping you must know exactly what you want, but you must n ever close your mind to new things. You must be ever vigilant, and you must have the speed and stealth necessary to read the perfect last-in-the-store-on-sale dress before anyone else gets to it or sees where you're headed. But you must also be calm in the face of someone else reaching the dress first.

And that's how I was able to find this wonderful bargain today. Aaaaaaages ago (like months ago) I saw these tights online, and fell deeply in love.


But since $130 is a ridiculous amount to spend on leggings (unless, I don't know, they're actually made of gold), so it seemed that our love was never to be. While browsing through Cotton On a couple of weeks ago, I saw these leggings, which are similar enough for me to love them too.


But Cotton On usually reduces their stuff fairly quickly (especially stuff like leggings), so I waited. Each time I went to do the food shopping, I check in Cotton On to see whether they had gone down. And low and behold, this week they were down to $10!**

Be ever vigilant, dear readers, for it is its own reward.


*I once got heat stoke at the Gilles St Markets. Plus, I used to shop at Supre when they had the $3 tables (it's where I learned speed and stealth).
**I know it says $24.95 on the site, but they were marked down, so maybe they just don't do sales online? IDK.

No comments:

Post a Comment