Monday, March 8, 2010

Fashion Under the Influence


Today for my Adaptations class we watched the 1995 miniseries version of Pride and Prejudice*, and while watching it I couldn't help but wonder how much of my fashion taste has been influenced by watching the series when I was little.

For example, my love-standing love of bonnets, particularly of the straw-and-flowers variety:THEY ARE SO CUTE, but so hard to find.

And my love of crop-jackets:


(especially this one, the puffy sleeves are so adorable)

Not to mention my love of Colin Firth, rufflely-haired men in suits (I had waaay too much fun fiding those pictures), old fashioned dances and tea, and my dislike of boy-chasers (see: every scene with Lydia in it).

Despite that fact that my mother is quite a tomboy, I turned out to be quite the girly-girl, and I think this might go some way to explain it.


*if you've only ever seen the newer Keira Knightley version SHAME ON YOU, the mini series is way better.

No comments:

Post a Comment