Saturday, May 22, 2010

wearing shorts

Vintage t-shirt from Vantage Point Vintage


I rarely wear pants, or shorts. I do own some*, it's just that I rarely ever feel in the mood to wear them. And before you say "don't you get cold in winter?", yes I do. But I wear tights and not wearing pants for the last ten or so years has built up quite a high tolerance for cold (in my legs at least).

But yesterday the planets aligned and I woke up feeling like I wanted to wear some shorts. Of course it was still quite cold, so I ended up also wearing my huge mustard-coloured** fisherman's jumper from the Clothes Line Saga. But still. The first appearance of shorts for the year!

Mink Pink shorts, from the Gilles St Markets
Rubix Cube Converse sneakers, from Nadia's House of Serendipity
vintage grey socks, eBay


*four pants and three shorts, which for someone who maybe wears them once or twice a year, is probably enough.
**also known as 'the only shade of yellow I can wear without looking odd'.

No comments:

Post a Comment