Wednesday, May 12, 2010

oh, 80s


Guys, I have a confession to make: I love 80's jumpers. And not the oh-that's-king-of-middling-okay, I mean the really-terrible-omg-my-eyes-are-burning, the-colours-why-are-there-so-many-colours type of 80s jumper.

At first, I would just pick them up to look at them because, let's face, those colours are pretty eye-catching. And I would smile and think "oh 1980s people, did you think we were going to run out of colours or something, so you had better use them all on this one jumper?".

But then, one day, I saw someone wearing one as a dress one day. And I saw someone else wearing one of those half-adorable, half-hilarious Christmas sweaters, and I thought "I could do that. I could make that work". And now I'm one of them. At least I'll be warm this winter.

Work those sequins girl (Chictopia)


Hand-Knit bear jumper (via FashionIndie)


Pop-Art Sweater (Vintage Trends)

And I have saved the best for last:


HAND-MADE ARCADE GAME SWEATERS. I think I might need to get better at knitting like, right now, because these are amazing. Also from the same site, a Super Mario sweater vest (the pattern can be found HERE).

1 comment: