Tuesday, May 11, 2010

current obsession: playsuits

About six months ago, I was browsing eBay* and I came across this playsuit. Of course, I'd heard of playsuits (also called rompers/onesies/jumpsuits) before, but I'd always thought of them as those babies wear/1970's disco jumpsuits. I think I fell in love with this one because it didn't look like the bottom half had awful-butt-enlargening-shorts. It looked liked a dress (except with the added bonus of not flashing people accidentally). I was in love.

Sadly, I didn't win it**, but I did get something from that eBay item: the beginning of an love for playsuits. I won two more (which are both nautical-y, another obsession of mine), and bought another at the Sass and Bide sample sale (which I cannot find a picture for anywhere, but trust me, it's amaaaazing).

Blue Criss-Cross Playsuit (Pixie Market)

Hawaiian Print Ruffle Playsuit (Topshop)


Vintage Black Playsuit (Oh Dear Vintage)



*and by "browsing" I do of course mean "searching with complete single-minded obsession that would would put Monk to shame".
**I'm still so mad about that. I got totally sniped at the last second.

No comments:

Post a Comment