Friday, May 21, 2010

late night shopping in style

It's no secret that I love street style blogs. The photography mixed with the woman-or-man on the street wearing inspiring/weird stuff will always have me coming back for more. Ever since I found The Sartorialist, I've sort of wanted to do one as well.

And so it was that, out while searching for stuff to send to my partner (Jess of 'The Amazing Adventures of Lady Times' blog) for the Package Project that I decided to finally start doing it. This is one of the few scenarios in which having glasses works in my favour, as it makes me seem extra-non-threatening, even when I'm approaching people in the dark, asking to take pictures of them.

I started off down Rundle st until I saw a very nice lady in Sta travel wearing an awesome-poncho/cape top. I had to stop for that, partially because of my love of 80's jumpers eccentricity, and partially because capes and cape-style things* coming back in (or so I keep being told by various websites).

Tarnia, who took time out of busily working to let me harass her take a photo.

I've been seeing this style around a lot lately, although mainly in the form of button-up jumpers, so it's nice to see some variation. An 'ethnic' prints are always nice, especially this time of year when I start getting a bit tired of black/grey/beige jumpers, and want something with a splash of colour to it.

The Wanderer Cape from ModCloth

From Yangdu Duyang's A/W09 Collection, 'Budda and Pest'


70's Vintage Cape via Lookbook.nu


Another wardrobe staple this winter is the duffel coat. You might remember duffel coats as something you wore when you were little and you went to the beach in winter. I bought a more adult-sized one recently. I think it's something about the big toggle-button-things.

Sujini, in a very nice dark blue duffel coat.


The Heart Coat in Ann from ModCloth


Duffle coat from Gloverall




Of course, the classic large-button coat is back again this winter, so if you don't already have one I would defiantly advise picking one up before winter really starts. They're a good standard piece that never seem to go out of style, and getting them in a block colour ensures that they will go with pretty much any combination of clothes that you throw at them.

Natalie, of the 'A Hat and White Gloves' blog. It's always nice to meet another Adelaide blogger, especially one who has such lovely style.







*ie shrugs, capelets, ponchos.

No comments:

Post a Comment