Thursday, April 22, 2010

today i am a señorita

vintage sheer red shirt (Nadia's House of Serendipity)
vintage Spanish skirt (Gilles Street Markets)
mustard flats (Betts)


Today's outfit was inspired by a) it being waaaaay too hot to wear yesterday's clothes*, and b) this bag from Gary Pepper Vintage.



Most of the time that's how I choose what to wear. It's not usually a case of weather or practicality. It's more like "this is awesome and I need to wear it today, like right now. How can I make this happen?", and then hoping you have the right skirt/top/belt/whatever to help pull it together.

Of course, sometimes, it doesn't work, and I end up with half my wardrobe** on the bed. But I've found a way around that as well. I close my eyes, take a deep, calming breath, and think about the clothes. Then I put on whatever combination that occurs to me***. Most of the time, it's the first outfit I tried, but with a different vest/belt/etc. But whatever happens, it's always infinitely better than standing in front of my wardrobe in my underwear, being frustrated at my clothes.



* 30 degrees in autumn/winter! It's crazy.
** okay, not that much (because that would be a lot of clothes), but a big pile of clothes.
*** try it next time you're stuck on what to wear. I swear, it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment