Tuesday, April 20, 2010

recording my clothes for future generations

People have said to me that they rarely see me wearing the same thing twice. This is an easy phenomenon to explain: I have a lot of clothes. I own more clothes that I do anything else (even books). Even so, if you had five different kinds of the basics (5 dresses, 5 shirts, 5 skirts, etc) and kept up with your laundry, you could probably wear of different outfit for a good month of two.

I don't think I'd like to be the one testing that though*. I like my variety.


Don't Ask Amanda sheer floral shirt (eBay)
Anise high-waisted denim skirt (Gilles st Markets)
vintage cord belt (Nadia's House of Serendipity)
Betts mustard flats (Betts)







*and there are people putting similar things to the test. The Uniform Project dares people to wear one dress for a year (washing it occasionally, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment